Vice President, Post-Acute Care Services - United States
Our client is a large health system based in Kansas City, MO, and is committed to the highest levels of excellence in providing health care and health-related services in a caring environment. They are dedicated to enhancing the physical, mental, and spiritual health of the diverse communities that they serve. Our client is honored to be continually recognized for their commitment to quality, compassionate care.
The company is an integrated system caring for a metropolitan area of 2 million people. They serve 67 counties in Missouri and Kansas and offer the following to their communities:
- The region’s longest continuously operating adult heart transplant program, and one of the nation’s leading cardiovascular disease outcome research programs.
- Treatment for complex brain and spinal cord diseases, and the nation’s leading stroke reversal program dedicated to preventing and treating stroke.
- A Level I trauma center.
- Advanced surgical care.
- Liver and kidney transplantation programs.
- A comprehensive maternal-fetal diagnostic and treatment center.
- A Level IIIb Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (one of the highest level of neonatal care according to national standards).
- An eICU, an innovative electronic intensive care patient care and monitoring program that spans multiple hospitals throughout the region and enhances outstanding bedside care.
- A nationally recognized children's behavioral health center.
The Vice President Post-Acute Care Services reports to the Senior Vice President, Non-Acute Services & Business Development. Reporting directly to the Vice President of Post-Acute Care Services is the CEO of Hospice and Home Health Services (includes System Palliative Care Services) and the CEO of their CCRC.
Summary of Responsibilities
The Vice President Post-Acute Care Services is a newly created position and will be responsible for: (1) assessing and developing a strategy for growth in the marketplace, (2) putting each business unit on a track to be financially sound and profitable, (3) preparing for value-based or other payment models and (4) embracing the mission and vision.
He/she’s scope of responsibility will be for four primary businesses:
- A CCRC
- Home Care and Hospice including
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Hospice House
- Specialty Pharmacy
- Palliative Care Services
- Continuing Care Network of selected SNFs and Home Health Agencies.
The Vice President Post-Acute Care Services will be accountable for:
- Planning, developing, implementing and providing operational oversight and strategic development of Post-Acute Care Services.
- Managing external affiliations and/or community partners that include SNFs, LTACHs, Home Health Agencies as part of the Continuing Care Network.
- Continue to manage and develop the Post-Acute Care network; provide strategy for integrating and moving CCRC forward.
- Working with others within to assure smooth transitions of care to post-acute providers where applicable.
- Evaluating and advising senior leadership on potential joint venture, partnership or collaboration activities.
- Leading quality improvement efforts and leading the implementation of new models in an effective manner to achieve the organization’s goals.
- Developing and achievement of the budget for entities within the scope of responsibilities.
- Identifying and implementing strategies dealing with changes in the reimbursement environment.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Strong business acumen, intelligence and capacity.
- Able to think strategically and implement tactically.
- Understands how to work within a health system structure.
- Exceptional people/relationship building skills.
- Proactive problem solver.
- Strategic vision and thinking; ability to position the organization for the future, looking beyond the present situation to conceptualize key trends and identify changing market demands.
- Strong people management and leadership skills.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organized, disciplined, hands-on, and process-oriented leader who is not afraid of digging into the details when necessary.
- Passionate for working with and caring for senior citizens.
Education & Training
- Master’s degree in clinical or health-related administration required.
- Minimum 5 years as CEO of a CCRC required.
- Minimum 10 years total senior management experience in the post-acute care sectors (e.g., CCRC, SNF, LTACH, Home Health & Hospice).
Kansas City, Missouri
Please refer to listing #161595 when contacting us.
NGS Global Americas, LLC
O: (612) 746-8206
M: (952) 992-0126